Hi, everyone. I am Micah Chambers and will be coaching your kids this season. In addition to being Oliver's older brother, I am a senior in High School at The Heights school. Here is some logistical information to get everyone started:
- Practices will be from 6:30-7:30 pm on Fridays
- The first practice will be next Friday, Sept. 24th
- At the start of the first practice, we need to review the League Code of Conduct, and everyone (parents and players) will need to sign it. If you want to review the document ahead of time, you can find it here.
- Games will generally take place Saturday mornings. I'm not 100% certain of the exact schedule, but I will confirm once I have more information.
- I will bring jerseys, mouthguards, and other equipment to the first practice.
- My dad, Ramsey Chambers, will be my assistant coach. Direct any complaints to him.
Over the season, I have a few goals that I will focus on with the boys.
- Having fun. These are young kids, and the main point is to develop a love of the game.
- Learning. Whether it is about the rules of the game or how to participate well in a team environment.
- Working hard. Having fun is important but putting in the work is critical.
- Sportsmanship. We will have all levels of skill represented on the field and we must treat everyone (teammates, opponents, refs) with the respect they all deserve.
I'm confident that if we can execute those four goals, we'll also do a decent amount of winning. Whatever the outcome, it is going to be a blast. I can't wait to see everyone on the field next week but feel free to reach out ahead of time if you have any questions.